Tasmanian Fruit & Vegetable Export Facilitation Group
Funded by Federal and State Government and industry, the principal objective of the Group is to coordinate and work with the Tasmanian fruit and vegetable industry to explore and facilitate the development of export opportunities.
The primary audience is:
- Tasmanian fruit and vegetable producers who currently are, or may wish to become, exporters
- Industry stakeholders [government, suppliers, peak-industry bodies] who may operate in Tasmania or interstate; with a State or Federal standpoint
- International companies, organisations or stakeholders who may wish to purchase Tasmanian fruit and vegetables
Ian Locke Export Facilitator
As Facilitator, Ian will be partnering with fruit and vegetable companies, government and, industry-led organisations within Tasmania to support broader export market development and maintenance strategies.
He is the first point of contact regarding export opportunities for producers as well as for international organisations that wish to purchase Tasmanian produce.
The role of the Facilitator is to coordinate and work with the fruit and vegetable industry in Tasmania to explore, identify and facilitate the development of export opportunities.
Supporting the Industry
Areas of support may include:
- Facilitate information sessions on the role and objectives of the Group and how it can aid the industry
- Collate information on priority markets for Tasmanian fruit and vegetables
- Collaborate to develop direct supply chains to build end-customer alliances
- Identify training opportunities and work with providers to build capability across sectors
- Connect growers and suppliers with international buyers to develop exports
- Collate database contacts for both sectors